10.15.7 and Startup/Schedule Turning On by itself?

darren_leong
New Contributor

Hello!

I was approached by a couple of my users who received new machines that rolled out with 10.15.7 from the factory. The issue they are having is that the scheduled start and power shut down was set to be active.

Scheduled startup/wake up time: 4:05am
Shutdown time: 4:00am

We are not managing startup/shutdown times in our Energy Saver config profile. I was able to replicate this doing a clean install of macOS 10.15.7 and then enrolling the machine to our JAMF, I confirmed the schedule is set to on even though we are not managing it.

Just to be sure I do the two following things to make sure it's isolated to 10.15.7 and some config on my instance.

1) I did a clean install of 10.15.6 and enrolled the machine to JAMF, the scheduled startup/shutdown was not enabled.

2) Clean install of 10.15.7 and did not enroll the machine into JAMF. The scheduled startup/shutdown was not enabled.

It seems the issue only pops up if we do a clean install of 10.15.7. Upgrades to 10.15.7 appear to be normal. For example, my machine was updated to 10.15.7 and it's fine.

I'm suspecting it's something in the config profile that controls energy saver, but has anyone had this issue before? I wanted to ask the community before I spend a bunch of time trying to narrow this down.

Thanks for your help!

0 REPLIES 0