10.9 Mail with Exchange account delayed syncing

sgorney
New Contributor III

Hi All,

So doing some testing now with the retail version of Mavericks and I am still having an issue with Mail syncing to our Exchange account. All the mobile devices get an email straight away, but when mail goes to check for messages on the server it just hangs for a long time. Eventually it receives the message but usually after about 5-7 minutes. This is occurring on a handful of our test machines. Wanted to know if anybody else was experiencing this behavior. From what I've read on other forums, this has been happening since the pre-GM seeds as well the GM. Thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8

RaulSantos
Contributor

I notice this also.

mcrispin
Contributor II

There were 2 issues we noticed:

1. If a user is using the iCloud keychain sync, the user will be prompted for a password which will never work. The resolution was to remove the Exchange account from Mail.app and re-add.

2. Items in folders are either not being downloaded or not syncing fully, in some cases the inbox will only show messages from the current day and not anything previous.

Neither of these were issues in iOS, and yes - versions of what I described above have been happening throughout. the beta. Very similar to what happened when Lion and ML were in .0, but were resolved in either .1 or .2 fairly quickly. I'm not sure why we are going through this song and dance again tbh.

sgorney
New Contributor III

Glad I'm not the only one.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I opened a bug with this a week or two ago.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I'm reopening my case with apple care as well.

jon_satterley
New Contributor

Hi there - I stumbled on this post/site in my desperate search for a solution to the Exchange probs I am having...that are exactly as you have articulated here. Since upgrading to Mavericks my Folders (Mailboxes) in Apple Mail (connected to Exchange) are not updating and are missing hundreds of emails. Email into the inbox is slow to materialize, and when I run Outlook for Mac side-by-side I can see that a ton of stuff that is happening within that environment is not being replicated by Apple Mail.

This is a pain as I use MailTags and ActOn in Apple Mail to govern my email and would certainly like to see a fix in place.

I'd be keen to get your Apple Care case # to follow the discussions.

Thanks,

Jon

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

thanks for reminding me, I haven't heard squat on it... let me hit them up and I will post back.

ahmaduhhs
New Contributor II

Hello @jwojda a] , any update on this?