1st run dialog pop-up for office 2016...

Not applicable

Does anyone know how to re-initate the first "whats new" pop-ups for office 2016?
im doing some testing and i need the pop-ups to re-appear... do i just delete a plist or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gbyers
New Contributor III

in terminal type defaults write com.microsoft.Word kSubUIAppCompletedFirstRunSetup1507 -bool false then launch Word it should go through first run

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

gbyers
New Contributor III

try defaults write com.microsoft.word kSubUIAppCompletedFirstRunSetup1507 -bool false if works change "word" for "excel", "Powerpoint", etc

Not applicable

@gbyers where is the path for that?.... im looking everywhere and cant find it

thetfordb
New Contributor II

The office plists live in their respective sandbox container. Navigate to ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Excel/Data/Library/Preferences to see the location. If you'd like a list of preferences: https://macadmins.software/ and click the 'preferences' button at the top. That site is run by microsoft employees.

Not applicable

@thetfordb thanks for that !!
i changed it to FALSE but when i re-luanch excel, the"whats new" screen still does not pop up and the file gets changed back to TRUE.
perhaps im doing something wrong?
im editing the plist with XCODE.... is that what you use?

gbyers
New Contributor III

in terminal type defaults write com.microsoft.Word kSubUIAppCompletedFirstRunSetup1507 -bool false then launch Word it should go through first run

Not applicable

@gbyers Thank you so much !!

Rememberfarley
New Contributor III

It would be nice to automate that login/license set up junk but I know thats a few hoops to jump through to get there.

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

@vferra - Adding to what was shared regarding the "defaults write" command, the Office for Mac team has put out a training series with a number of Jamf Pro examples in it as well.

You can view the video training series here: www.office4mac.com

Not applicable

@mark.buffington thanx for the info - i will look into this !!