2016 Touch Bar MBP - No Reboot After Imaging Complete

dferrara
Contributor II

I'm seeing some strange behavior with the new touch bar MacBook Pro, JSS 9.96 and my just-created 10.12.2 AutoCasperNBI set.

My very brief (10-12 packages) image completes, and then:

1/9/17 11:56:59 AM - 
Contacting the JSS
Connection result: 200
Event logged: Rebooting Computer...
Rebooting to Macintosh HD...

Executing Async Command (From Array): '/Applications/Casper Imaging.app/Contents/Support/jamf' 'reboot' '-immediately' 1/9/17 11:57:01 AM - Command Result:

Casper Imaging exits, but I stay at the NBI desktop.

Anyone have any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

Buzz
New Contributor

+1

MBP 15 - no reboot.
MBP 13 no touchbar - restarts automatically

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

+1

Seeing this on a 10.12.2 AutoCasperNBI netboot with the 15" TB MBP. It just quits Imaging and doesnt reboot.

-D

johnklimeck
Contributor II

I have also seen some oddness with a 2016 MBP (13"), TouchBar with Casper Imaging 9.96 and AutoCasperNBI, 10.12.2 NetBoot(ed) image.

I get some Path invalid error message about halfway thru Casper Imaging process.

I have had to use a USB 10.12.2 boot stick / Casper Imaging and that has been working.

john

dferrara
Contributor II

Thanks for the reports everyone. My testing is with MBP 13, will report back when I try MBP 15.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

These TB MBPs really threw a wrench in the works. Maybe some of these issues will be solved in 10.12.3... <cue the "why are you still imaging line"...>

cubandave
Contributor

I'm experiencing this issue with non Touch Bar models as well. I think there is an issue with macOS and Casper Imaging.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I'm seeing this "occasionally" on 15" and 13" MBPro's with touch bar. NBI is macOS 10.12.2 created with AutoCasperNBI, Casper Imaging 9.97.1482356336. Oddly, restarting Casper Imaging after the imaging process has completed (having failed to restart, and re-imaging results in a normal restart...

cubandave
Contributor

@Chris_Hafner That's interesting! Also good to know that on 9.97 you have seen issues. I have to grab a few more test units and try this again. The installer.log and system.log might have the answers.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

A side note to Casper Imaging 9.97.148... is that it will not allow me to choose a user picture when creating accounts via advanced options. I haven't diagnosed that at all!

dferrara
Contributor II

This is still happening with 9.97.148 and 10.12.3.

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Has anybody tried the Sierra .4 beta? I have had a much better experience. : ) I didn't have the same issues as this thread, but I did have 2 or 3 issues that were "sort of resolved" while testing .4 beta.

DomGlaubitz
New Contributor

Not sure if this is dead or not, but im finding the same thing with 10.12.3 nbi running 9.98