8.43 Self Service Plugins not displaying on some machines

nortonpc
Contributor

We have a few custom plugins in self service. They are used to open links to our web help desk and some training documentation. After upgrading to 8.43 some machines are no longer displaying these plugins.

All Lion machines display fine but a few snow leopard and one leopard machine are not displaying these plugins. I have tried removing the self service plist, clearing user and system level caches.

Has anyone seen this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nortonpc
Contributor

I found a fix. It is incorrect permissions for /Library/Application Support/JAMF folder

I found this folder had been set to no access for the everyone group. Giving everyone read only access to this allows self service to see the plugins folder and display them correctly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jamffanboi
New Contributor

I second this. Extremely weird and annoying, because there's no rhyme or reason for it.

Still, go JAMF!!

Dtwerdohlib
New Contributor III

Hey Norton

I had this happen once but that is because the laptop needed to do a Recon before it gets the new plugins. Cause I believe when a recon is done now the SelfService.app gets updated too so it pulls the new plugins from the JSS.

This probably isn't your case but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

nortonpc
Contributor

I have tried a recon, and removing the Self Service app and letting the JSS redeploy that. No luck on that method either.

nortonpc
Contributor

I found a fix. It is incorrect permissions for /Library/Application Support/JAMF folder

I found this folder had been set to no access for the everyone group. Giving everyone read only access to this allows self service to see the plugins folder and display them correctly.

sirkyle
New Contributor III

Norton! Do you know why the permissions would change on the JAMF folder? Your fix worked, thank you very much! I looked at other machines and they are 755, but I had one machine that was 700.

nortonpc
Contributor

Kyle, How the heck are you? No idea what the cause is of the permissions issue. It seems to have just appeared. And it appeared on only a few computers. How is that uranium doing?

maweee
New Contributor
New Contributor

For a customer of mine the JSSbinary warned about clock skew, turned it off and all of the plugins started to work.