9.63 released...bye bye D-005954

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III
7 REPLIES 7

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

Good to see so many bug fixes in this release.

But still:

D-006627
D-006793
D-007823

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Wow I'm just looking at the entire list now. If those defects areimpacting your environment, might want to escalate to your JAMF rep. They've expanded and put more resources on addressing defects.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

matt_jamison
Contributor

You are waiting on just 3? I think i have at least 6 open defects but too lazy to dig them all up right now. The 2 or 3 they have closed, took a VERY long time.

Aaron
Contributor II

I'm happier about this one, in particular:

[D-007815] Fixed an issue that prevented Self Service for OS X from being opened when a user is
logged into the computer with their Active Directory (AD) credentials and their username contains a
space.

This was preventing me from upgrading.

calumhunter
Valued Contributor
They've expanded and put more resources on addressing defects.

Good to hear. They've got a bunch of awesome engineers, but theres just too many known issues on those release notes for my liking, time to get smashing!

Those bugs.. sorry issues I listed aren't impacting me at the moment as I use different methods to achieve those outcomes, but they are concerns when i'm designing a solution or supporting a client. Its that devil in the detail thing. It would be so nice to use the out of the box "supported" features/methods to achieve things, rather than just have Casper run my scripts to do everything.

I'm happier about this one, in particular: [D-007815] Fixed an issue that prevented Self Service for OS X from being opened when a user is logged into the computer with their Active Directory (AD) credentials and their username contains a space.

Ohh didn't know about that one! I think if i had a client that had spaces in the shortname of their AD users, I would just get them to change... I mean fix their AD purely on principal lol

Aaron
Contributor II
Ohh didn't know about that one! I think if i had a client that had spaces in the shortname of their AD users, I would just get them to change... I mean fix their AD purely on principal lol

Yeah, we're too far gone to be changing our naming scheme. There are talks of redoing the whole AD when we move in 2016, but our Infrastructure Team are shuddering at the thought.

It hasn't been too bad, for the most part, it's only in recent years when we've gone full-on Mac support that we've had little issues like this (most problems are fixed simply by editing code to include quotes around anything that has a username).

johnnasset
Contributor

I'm glad they finally fixed D-006820. I reported this back when v 9 was released. Nice to have accurate policy counts on the dashboard.