9.73 issues

HenryOzsoy
New Contributor III

Has anyone rolled out 9.73 on there system?

I'm in the testing process in our environment and noticed that selfservice isn't responding on iOS or on OSX. The JSS response via http slows down an eventually becomes unresponsive. Quickadd enrols the machine yet once enrolled into casper no login hook or startup scripts function.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing any similar or different issues?

45 REPLIES 45

ocla__09
Contributor

am now finding after the upgrade to 9.73 that I am unable to mount SMB distribution points with Casper Admin in order to sync them. We are using a directory service account to mount the shares.

running kdestroy -a does not seem to make a difference.

Could this also be related to the D-008898 defect? Are there any suggestions for getting around this?

@amanda.wulff I am seeing that Casper Admin says that the distribution point could not be mounted, however when I navigate to the mounted share via the command line, it is in fact mounted and I can navigate through the packages on that particular distribution point. Are you getting other reports of this?

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@ocla&&09

There are many reasons, ranging from environmental to settings to defects or any combination of those things that could cause the behavior that you're seeing with Casper Admin being unable to mount a distribution point. Without looking into it further, anything I'd suggest would be a shot in the dark, however.

If you haven't already, it'd be a good idea to reach out to your Technical Account Manager so they can collect additional information or set up a time for a call or a WebEx to look into your specific environment's situation a bit closer than we can do on the forums here.

Additionally, if you suspect you're running into D-009351, which has similar symptoms to D-008898 but a different underlying cause, please get in contact with your Technical Account Manager so they can troubleshoot with you further to either confirm or rule out a defect and, if confirmed, get your case attached to the defect for tracking purposes.

You can get in touch with your Technical Account Manager by either giving Support a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com (it will go directly to their case queue), or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

I'd be curious for those who are using SMB shares what OS those shares are running on. Each version of Windows Server for a while now has had a changes in SMB. Same with the OS X clients. There would be a lot of mix and matching to test but it might help narrow down if its a protocol issue where the Casper apps are having trouble mounting depending on the version of SMB its trying to use.

The issue isn't effecting me but it's just something to try that may help get down to the cause of the issue.

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

Those of you using the Windows JSS's, how many processors do you have allocated to your servers? What is your setup? I have 3 webapps, 1 distribution point, and 1 database. My Tomcat service is maxing out after a few hours and making the JSS's inaccessible. I have 2 processors and 8GB of RAM for each server. Just curious. Thanks! MM

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

We're a external company so have loads of JSSes running on Windows that we maintain. It is a bit variable depending on how many check-ins there are and how heavily they use Self Service (which hits tomcat a bit harder than everything else).

If its for under 1000 users we normally go for 2 CPUs and 8GB RAM.

Don't forget that Tomcat might not be configured to use all the RAM in the box by default.

LRZ_Jamf
Contributor

We have around 100 Clients, 15 Minutes Check-IN RAM/CPU works well (10GB + 1 CPU) ... but sometimes the Tomcat doesn't kill the CLOSE_WAITs (just today ... )