AAMEE & MAvericks

pblake
Contributor III

Has anyone gotten packages created on Mavericks for CS6 that will install correctly on 10.9? I am having the hardest time. After many failed attempts to even create the package, I got one created, but then it fails to install. This is all locally, before even trying to distribute through Casper.

Any advice would be welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sean
Valued Contributor

Rather than the latest AAMEE have you tried the CC packager:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager.html

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Ours work.

How are you deploying to the clients?

You'll need to cache then install via remote or policy.

Via imaging, they need to be installed on the boot volume at imaging time.

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

haven't had a problem with it at all. are you using the latest version of the AAMEE tool? Are you packaging all the apps or just one?
what does the installer log tell you?

daz_wallace
Contributor III

Try running the built package manually on a Mac. If this fails, then it's something with the installer. If it works, it's something with the deployment mechanism. That'll help tell you where to look.

For an issue with the packaged installer, I've occasionally had permissions issues with the finished package, but a "chmod -R 777 /Path/To/Package" usually fixes it.

Hope that helps!

Darren

sean
Valued Contributor

Rather than the latest AAMEE have you tried the CC packager:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager.html

pblake
Contributor III

@sean I had no idea you could package CS6 with the CCP. I am doing that now. This seems very positive.

davidhiggs
Contributor III

@pblake AAMEE v3.1 doesn't work on 10.9 for me, I get errors every time. Run it on 10.8, it worked fine for me.

I don't have access to CCP, but i'm pretty sure it's only suitable for CC products.

pblake
Contributor III

@davidhiggs - I also didn't think it would work either. But I can confirm, CCP can packages CS6. When you enter the serial number for a CS6 suite, it brings up that suites list of software to package. Worked like a charm.

Thanks @sean

sean
Valued Contributor

davidhiggs
Contributor III

@pblake awesome, thanks for letting us know!

I vaguely remember a time when CS6 was still available under the new CC structure, so i thought maybe only those licences would work with CCP and it wouldn't work with the original CS6 keys. Could you confirm if it was an older CS6 key?

If so, i'll ask my software team to get me access to grab CCP as it's not publicly available :(