AD account will not re-login after mac locks

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue with some macbooks I recently put out with OS Seirra on them. I have set up the accounts to be both mobile and managed and it looks like that is working fine. If the macbooks are not used for a while and the screen goes blank, when the user attempts to re-login with the same password they are told it is incorrect. If you force the macbook to shutdown and restart, you are able to log in once again. These are Active Directory accounts.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

Thanks!
Andrew

6 REPLIES 6

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Sorry I cannot help because I haven't migrated to Sierra yet (10.10.5 4 lyfe!)

But, I have read others on here have posted about this problem and I believe they resolved it.

perrycj
Contributor III

@andrew.shur This post will probably answer your question:

[https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/21320/sierra-ad-account-lockout-when-setting-up-icloud](link URL)

10.12.3 will be the answer for most, if not all, AD related bugs with Sierra.

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

Thanks for this info! Now I am not using iCloud accounts on our Mac's that this is happening to. Still the same issue?

perrycj
Contributor III

Yes, it's not strictly related to iCloud. That was just the original topic of the thread. If you can get on the beta for 10.12.3 to test, you'll find out for sure if that helps you. However, the production release of 10.12.3 will probably be out very soon.

mcarver
New Contributor III

Same issue. We have been able to reproduce without having iCloud logged in. Just needs to be connected to AD. 10.12.3 can't come any sooner.

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

Yeah I read farther down in the thread and noticed that. My fault for trying to stay current with our OS :).