AutoPKGr Question. . contents differ from expected.

Chuey
Contributor III

Maybe some others out there who use AutoPKGr can help me out.

Currently have a recipe to update Adobe Reader DC. When I run my overRide recipe I'm getting this error sent to my email:

Parent recipe com.github.jss-recipes.jss.AdobeReaderDC contents differ from expected. Path: /Users/myuser/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeRepos/com.github.autopkg.jss-recipes/Adobe Acrobat Reader DC/Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.jss.recipe

Any information would help since I don't understand what the problem is or what that error means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chuey
Contributor III

@bentoms I figured it out. Had a few issues with the latest release of AutoPKG 1.0.1. The first biggest update is you have to build relationships between your recipes and your over ride recipes. So I fixed that issue. Then it messed up a few permissions on folders and gave owner ship to root instead of my user. You must run Autopkg as the user and not root. Solved issue 2 just by chowning the entire directory back to my user. Then, I posted the error above. I deleted like you said and re-downloaded but then I was getting a different issue. It was unable to mount the any DMG I was downloading through Autopkg or Autopkgr. After some research I dropped the DMG into a text editor and bam it was an html/css file from our web filter. It was blocking the DMG downloads so I added an exception for my autopkgr server, re-ran my recipe, and boom it works!

Thanks for your help and I hope this post can help anyone in the future with this issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Chuey have you manually changed the contents of: /Users/myuser/Library/AutoPkg/RecipeRepos/com.github.autopkg.jss-recipes/Adobe Acrobat Reader DC/Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.jss.recipe?

I'd move that file somewhere else, then do a repo update.

Chuey
Contributor III

@bentoms I figured it out. Had a few issues with the latest release of AutoPKG 1.0.1. The first biggest update is you have to build relationships between your recipes and your over ride recipes. So I fixed that issue. Then it messed up a few permissions on folders and gave owner ship to root instead of my user. You must run Autopkg as the user and not root. Solved issue 2 just by chowning the entire directory back to my user. Then, I posted the error above. I deleted like you said and re-downloaded but then I was getting a different issue. It was unable to mount the any DMG I was downloading through Autopkg or Autopkgr. After some research I dropped the DMG into a text editor and bam it was an html/css file from our web filter. It was blocking the DMG downloads so I added an exception for my autopkgr server, re-ran my recipe, and boom it works!

Thanks for your help and I hope this post can help anyone in the future with this issue.