Additional Jamf Training Courses posted for 2020

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jamf Nation!

I'm happy to announce that the next round of Instructor-Led Courses for the entire globe have been posted for Jamf 200, 300, and 400 Courses through the end of June 2020.

Please take a look here to see where our courses will be happening, learn more about what courses we offer, and get registered for your desired training course.

Also, we are happy to announce that education pricing at reduced cost is now available for ALL Jamf Instructor-Led Courses going forward.

Don't see a course in a location you can attend? Let us know and request a course in your area!. Jamf also offers Private Instructor-Led Courses for your company, as well as Training Passes for teams.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or contact your Customer Success Manager for more!

Thanks!

Dale
Manager, Professional Services

15 REPLIES 15

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Thanks for posting.

Just my 2¢ on this, but I'd like to see the Jamf 300 at the very least, if not the 300 & 400 offered in more locations, or more specifically in some locations more often. I'm in the Boston area, and looking at the course list, you guys offer only 1 Jamf 300 course from now until the end of June. Meanwhile locations like New York City have 6 in the same timeframe. Seems pretty skewed to me. I get there's more demand in the NYC area, but is it really 6x as much as in Boston?
FWIW, the 200 (which I already did last year) is not that much better. There are limited course options in some cities. This makes it harder to fit these into people's busy schedules, since it may involve traveling longer distances, paying for hotels, etc.

As for the 400, I know that's the most advanced course, and so it kind of makes sense its more limited, since I'm guessing there are fewer course administrators that are qualified to run it. It's really more the 300 course that I feel some regions are getting the short shrift on.

Thanks for listening.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

Any details on the education pricing?

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@larry_barrett - Looks like you see the numbers if you're logged in.

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

@mm2270 I've had the same frustration at points with class location availability (luckily I have the class I need scheduled in Chicago this year), however, I believe the reason that there are so many scheduled in New York is not due to lack of demand in other markets specifically, but more based off where it is easy for Jamf to run instructor led trainings, i.e. Jamf Offices (https://www.jamf.com/contact/ under Office Locations). If you look at the schedule, the locations that all have substantially more trainings offered there are locations where Jamf has an office (like how Minnesota has more classes than Chicago, and New York more than Boston). Just my observation.

Hope you're able to find classes that meet your schedule in an area thats feasible for you though!

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Agree with mm2270. I'd like to take the 300 class, and I'm even IN Arlington where it is offered, but the only time it is offered is the week that we are moving offices. We're a fairly large Jamf market, so surprised to only see a single offering for the course locally.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

@john_wetter I'm only seeing full pricing. We have Full Jamf Pro on site. $2500.

John_Wetter
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@larry_barrett Might need to talk to your account person then to make sure your account is connected properly. When I'm logged in I see different registration costs than before I logged in.

larry_barrett
Valued Contributor

@john_wetter I keep hoping someone will post THEIR education pricing. I mean, if its $2200 instead of $2500 I can stop being excited.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just my 2¢ on this, but I'd like to see the Jamf 300 at the very least, if not the 300 & 400 offered in more locations, or more specifically in some locations more often. I'm in the Boston area, and looking at the course list, you guys offer only 1 Jamf 300 course from now until the end of June. Meanwhile locations like New York City have 6 in the same timeframe. Seems pretty skewed to me. I get there's more demand in the NYC area, but is it really 6x as much as in Boston?

Thanks for the feedback @mm2270. We do our best to schedule classes as often as we can based on the demand and enrollment trends for all markets. For Boston in particular, based on several years' data of prior enrollment trends, the demand for 300 Courses isn't enough to justify the frequency at which we deliver classes in markets like New York, Los Angeles, etc., however, if there is enough demand for certain markets (Boston among them), we're not above adding extra classes. However, the last thing we like to do is cancel classes due to low enrollment, which has happened in the past, and is never a fun experience for our customers or our staff. Regardless, I'd encourage you to use the link I posted above and share to friends/colleagues/etc., if you have more people that are interested in taking a 300 or 400 class. We always want to know where people want training and want to host classes there when we can.

I'd like to take the 300 class, and I'm even IN Arlington where it is offered, but the only time it is offered is the week that we are moving offices. We're a fairly large Jamf market, so surprised to only see a single offering for the course locally.

@Taylor.Armstrong We have two open 300 courses in February and May in the DC Metro area, and will definitely have more in the second half of the year!

I believe the reason that there are so many scheduled in New York is not due to lack of demand in other markets specifically, but more based off where it is easy for Jamf to run instructor led trainings, i.e. Jamf Offices (https://www.jamf.com/contact/ under Office Locations). If you look at the schedule, the locations that all have substantially more trainings offered there are locations where Jamf has an office (like how Minnesota has more classes than Chicago, and New York more than Boston).

@ljcacioppo Sort of - while it is definitely easier for us to host classes where we have offices, as we have dedicated training spaces there, we go where the demand is above all else. We also have a variety of trainers based all over the world, some in markets where Jamf doesn't have an office, and many where we do - but I will agree that if I need to do so, it's much easier to add a class in Cupertino than somewhere like Helena, Montana (no offense if you live there - great hunting and hiking!); but again, we're driven by customer demand above all else. See markets like Melbourne, Dallas, Los Angeles, to name a few. We've even done classes in Anchorage, Alaska when we have the demand.

Any details on the education pricing?

@larry_barrett I'll have one of our account reps reach out to make sure everything is A-Okay with your Jamf Nation account so you can see pricing.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@dale.houghton I just wanted to say "thanks!" for the very detailed and timely response you posted yesterday. It's very appreciated, and I understand the situation better now. I am a bit surprised that there isn't a higher demand in the Boston are for the Jamf 300 course, but if that's the way it is, I guess that's the way it is.

I wish I could say I could bring a bevy of folks to take the test, but in my organization I'm pretty much the only "Jamf" person and the only one that would be taking any courses as such. I guess I'll just have to see if I can swing doing the one Jamf 300 course this year (so far) and hope it doesn't get canceled. The whole cancellation issue happened to me last year for a Jamf 200 course I was trying to register for, so I do understand that can happen, and no, it's not fun. I did eventually manage to get into another one, so no harm no foul.

Anyway, thanks again for the response and information. Very helpful.

KyleEricson
Valued Contributor II

Wish they would host a 200 or 300 in St. Louis, MO or maybe Omaha, NE

Read My Blog: https://www.ericsontech.com

B_Johnston
New Contributor II

Any plans to have training in Ohio, like Columbus, Cincinnati or Cleveland? What about nearby, like Louisville, Pittsburgh or Indy?

Also, does the training pass get cheaper for education customers? Or will that stay $4500?

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Agreed with @mm2270 . Thank you very much! Suspect I may have been looking at a cached page when I wrote my earlier comment, or I could just admit I'm sometimes blind and missed the 2nd entry! Will be talking to my boss about the 2nd option.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wish they would host a 200 or 300 in St. Louis, MO or maybe Omaha, NE

@kericson We have hosted courses in Kansas City before - sort of close! Des Moines also is a less-frequent market, but we do perform courses there occasionally as well. But thanks for the feedback here - we'll keep this in mind as we plan the rest of 2020. Additionally, if you know of people in those regions who are interested in taking courses, please have them let us know!

Any plans to have training in Ohio, like Columbus, Cincinnati or Cleveland? What about nearby, like Louisville, Pittsburgh or Indy? Also, does the training pass get cheaper for education customers? Or will that stay $4500?

@B.Johnston Ohio courses do happen every so often; Columbus and Cincinnati tend to be our host locations there when we do courses. We're still looking at data for the rest of 2020, so keep an eye out! As for Education pricing, it is just for single seats, not Training Passes.

@mm2270 @Taylor.Armstrong Happy to provide insight where I can! Thanks for commenting! Furthermore, we do tend to notice that certain markets at certain time of year tend to be more or less popular as well; For example, customer business verticals (edu vs. commercial vs. healthcare), weather, local events - they all tend to influence course attendance. But we're always looking to see where we can try new markets - our course schedulers are incredibly good at what they do, and want to make sure we bring training where it's needed! I know I sound like a broken record, but the Request A Course page is the best way to tell us where the demand is. But also comments on posts like this :)

Thanks!

Dale

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

@mm2270 I am taking the Boston 300 in April, and its been socialized with the attendees from the December Boston 200. I advocated for it during the class, as much as I like NYC (no travel budget but Training Pass). Hopefully we have enough attendees to make it happen! I'll make sure that I plug it at the Boston User Group tomorrow. For the 400 I guess I'll have to get an AirBnB down in NYC for a week...