Adjust admin portal web session timeout

wifichallenges
Contributor

I see some responses but nothing ideal for this question. We use single sign on. Invariably, when i am working on jamf, it will auto log me out. I then have to click logon again, and it just logs me on again with my sso credentials. However often the thing i was working on is not still there....

Surely this is configurable somewhere? It makes no sense to have an auto signout on a sso login, as the login will just auto log in again after the session times out. I assume this would be for if you were using credentials on a public computer and forgot to log off, but this does not apply to SSO obviously, as it does nothing for security and is just annoying.

I dont want to install a third party script, which seems to be the way to do this from what i see. Surely there is a checkbox somewhere on jamf backend that would allow me to set the auto logout to something reasonable like 8 hours, or remove it entirely. please let me know.

its not a huge deal, but its annoying enough for me to make a post about it, and really it serves zero purpose as i explained above.

8 REPLIES 8

nope cloud.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

I use this and embed in Arc Browser with a Boost. (its very simple)  Its the only way if your on a JAMF cluster.. or you can go JAMF Premium, then you have the ability to set this value.. 

How do Jamf Premium users change the timeout? I don't see this setting anywhere in Jamf Pro or our Jamf Account portal.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

if you have premium you can ask JAMF.. its a config in tomcat that can only be changed by them (presuming this is still the case) 

cbutcher
New Contributor III

Jamf Premium is essentially an on-prem solution (for lack of a better way to say it) hosted in Jamf's cloud.  You're not limited by some of the standard cloud limitations, so Jamf Support has access to help modify some of those backend Tomcat settings that you would otherwise not have.

AlexHoffman
New Contributor III

Check your SSO settings. There's an option for token expiration and it sounds like it's set to expire too quickly. I think the default for Jamf is 120-minutes, but this is totally configurable to whatever you want in minutes. 

Settings > System > SSO is where you'd find the token expiration setting. 

ok! going to try that one. Was set to disabled, so i set to 480 minutes now. 

wifichallenges_0-1713285542050.png

EDIT: spoke to soon. no one else can log in at all (single sign on error) if this is changed, so DONT change it...