1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

rcarey912
New Contributor II

Got it. Thanks!
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/mac/11.x/11.0.00/misc/

Kyuubi
Contributor

@donmontalvo Is this the way you still create Adobe Acrobat packages? Is there something newer used to create the installer and serial number?

Thanks.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@Kyuubi This thread is a couple years old. Acrobat Pro is now a deployable PKG.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

@donmontalvo

Could you elaborate a bit on that? I was reading up on Adobe deployment documentation a bit earlier today. Looks like Acrobat Pro can be packaged up via Creative Cloud Packager. Haven't gotten around to testing it yet. Are you saying the stand alone ESD for Adobe Acrobat Pro XI is a deployable PKG that can be installed with a simple command as:

sudo installer -pkg /path/to/pkg -target /

I also recall reading there were some issues in the past with having to install and/or package certain Adobe software in a particular order so as to not screw up the licensing. I wonder if that's still the case. I'm thinking a bit out loud since I'm still going through the documentation

Not applicable

I have not had any issues installing or re-installing Acrobat and then causing any licensing issues with Adobe CS6 or CC14. In my experience the Acrobat .pkg needs to be cached and then installed though.

One thing I have noticed is that Acrobat updates (also .pkgs) often fail due to the Adobe Application Manager running - haven't quite gotten a script working to check for that and kill it.