Adobe Creative Cloud Licensing

vfong1982
New Contributor

Hi,

It's probably something I should contact Adobe directly with, but does anyone have any idea how to serialize a Creative Cloud installation? Without it, the programs run under a trial version. I tried using the Creative Cloud Packager to generate a license package, but it asks for a serial number which I can't find on the Adobe Admin console.

Secondly, is there a way to implement that serializing solution alongside a Creative Cloud installation on Jamf?

4 REPLIES 4

ChristopherGlov
New Contributor III

Adobe licenses the product with the user's sign in. Go to the adobe.com site login as admin and you can create a pkg from that site and deploy it with policy without issue. I recommend generating a pkg just for the adobe cloud client so your not pushing 14gbs of data over your WAN

prodic
New Contributor III

You should have access to the Adobe LWS site where you can view the serial for your company. Or someone in your company should have that access.

You are also able to implement at serialization solution separate to the actual installer. Some choose to do that and others don't.

If your company does not use the Named Users-setup the solution mentioned by @TheBeastie will not work. However if you do use Named User the recommendation is brilliant and what you should aim for eventually.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind, as well, that Adobe is moving away from serialized licensing to the "Named User" licensing model that others have mentioned.

https://blogs.adobe.com/deployment/2017/07/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-move-towards-named-user-deployment.html

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

They are still offering device licensing to K-12 environments. Right now we can get the Creative Cloud product around $25 per seat to give to anyone in the district.

What I do is have two installers created in the Packager (if you are doing device-based licensing, you need to use the full packager, not the web-based page to build your installer according to Adobe support) one installer is CC in trial mode and the other, a serialization package. Apply both and they work fairly well here in my experience.