I believe Don pointed out they should be cumulative so I can just jump to
the latest?

Thanks,

Craig E

4 REPLIES 4

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Yes, they should be cum... Thanks Adobe for being absolutely the LAST
vendor to go to a cum update system... (Microsoft having just beaten you).

j
-- Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Client Services
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420

ernstcs
Contributor III

Yuck, the Dreamweaver update requires some interaction for adding HTML stuff
into Extension Manager...bleh!

Not applicable

The Acrobat and Reader updates still are not cumulative...

Also, I took a snapshot while adding the HTML5 Pack to Extension Manager,
and made it available in self service. Thus far it's been working
flawlessly.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Finally had time to rebuild my CS5 installer with AAMEE 1.1, also built an uber-package of updaters for my existing user base (I'll get around to setting up my own update server at some point in the near future).
On Sep 16, 2010, at 8:54 AM, Ernst, Craig S. wrote:

First, Adobe now has a blog where they post their updates (although it's not broken out by CS version, i.e. Design Standard, Design Premium, et. al. - so I had to build an AAMEE package, install CS5, then run the AME app to see what updates were applicable, then download those and rebuild my AAMEE package. Yeah.)

http://blogs.adobe.com/csupdates/

However, there were a few issues with the downloads:

1) the "Adobe Player for Embedding 3.1" update refused to run on my AAMEE-packaged clean install. WTF?
2) the "Adobe Media Encoder 5.1" update is not available for download. *sigh*
3) the aforementioned "Pixel Bender Plugin" comes as a .mxp file, not a disk image
4) At least two of the updates (Photoshop and Illustrator) were downloaded as "Setup.dmg". Argh. Renamed them to fix this.
5) On many of the update disk images, the Setup app and the folders are at the root. On a few, there is a folder at the root, with Setup and the folders inside that folder
6) No consistency in naming (some things show up as "InDesign update", others "Adobe Illustrator update")

To resolve the first three problems, I started up AME on my freshly-installed CS5. Told it to download those three updates, and navigated, in the Finder, to ~/Library/Application Support/AAMUpdater/1.0/Install. As the downloads completed (each one named "Setup.dmg" - *sigh*), I selected each .dmg, then duplicated it in the Finder (since AME deletes the updates after it finishes installing them). This got me a working "Adobe Player for Embedding 3.1" update, the unavailable elsewhere "Adobe Media Encoder 5.1" update, and the "Pixel Bender Plugin" in an AAMEE-compatible format.

Went back to AAMEE, added in all of the updates, built a complete .pkg (while uninstalling and removing any CS5 traces from my testbed machine). Reinstalled it, ran AME, and it reported no available updates. Success!

I love John Welch's tagline. "Adobe: Simplicity is our Enemy"

--Robert