Adobe CS6 suite not installing

CheckMark
New Contributor

Hi all,
Im trying to set up self installers for for my creatives and we used AMMEE 3.1 to do this, but getting an error:

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.63
Executing Policy Install CS6Design_Install...
[STEP 1 of 2]
Mounting afp://10.242.120.195/CasperShare to /Volumes/CasperShare...
[STEP 2 of 2]
Copying CS6Design_Install.pkg...
Installing CS6Design_Install.pkg...
Installation failed. The installer reported: dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Resources/runner) is setuid or setgid
installer: Package name is CS6Design
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
Unmounting file server...

Anyone seen this before. I dont really have a lot of time to do this, and need to get this out ASAP.

Any help is appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

robb1068
Contributor

I've run into the same issue and we're still on JSS 8.62. I can get around it two ways.

1) Set the Policy install trigger at logout.
2) Use Casper Remote to perform the install.

In both cases, I've already cached the pkg file to the Mac and my action is to "Install Cached" (either in the JSS Policy or with Casper Remote).

Sounds like there might be issues with JSS 8.63+ with CS packages built with AMEE. The link below relates to an issue with deploying CS with Casper Imaging.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6907

Hope this helps!

robb1068
Contributor

I forgot to add that our CS6 package is checked "This package must be installed to the boot volume at imaging time".

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

SMB?

AAMEE generated packages do not require a user to be logged in. This includes the Exceptions folder (Adobe Air and Adobe Help) as long as it's wrapped properly.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I've also had issues in the past with this. I assume I don't have it wrapped properly since it does not include the exceptions.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Btw it looks like there may be an issue with 8.64 and cs6. JAMF provided me a test version of a fix for this issue. It seems the user that gets created to do the adobe install is not really getting created properly. Once this fix pkg gets dropped in the beginning (position 1 with base image) of my configuration it installs normally again. Thanks again JAMF for quick action!

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

Wow that's been a long time going unnoticed!

ahopkins
New Contributor II

This has been a long process.. I thought I followed the directions correctly but no luck.

The package will cache, but I also did another policy to install cache.. that just mounted to install package. I had to manually click on it to get it to install.

I built it again thinking I missed a step and got this error:

Executing Policy Adobe CS6...Mounting Casper Share to /Volumes/caspershare 1...Error: Could not mount distribution point "Casper Share".Running script Install_Adobe_Script_2...Script exit code: 1Script result: Variable "dmgName" value is set to: CS6Install.pkg
Mounting the DMG CS6Install.pkg...
hdiutil: mount failed - No such file or directory
DMG mounted successfully as volume on device .
Installing Package from mount path ...

There is a problem with your syntax.

Error: No package was specified

Type "jamf help" for more information.

There was an error installing the package. Exit Code: 1
Unmounting disk ...
hdiutil: detach failed - No such file or directory
rm: /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Waiting Room/CS6Install.pkg: No such file or directory

I know the package that contains the adobe programs is correct, I was able to push it out to one computer via ARD. It was slow, the computer has to be logged in, but it worked.

Open to ideas