Adobe Flash Player 21.0.0.226 release notes?

jhuls
Contributor III

Has anyone seen release notes for 21.0.0.226? I feel like I've searched everywhere but can't find anything. It was released late last week and seems to be a Mac only release. In the past I've updated our systems automatically but now management wants us to document what we're deploying with the when's and why's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PeterClarke
Contributor II

Not much to go on, but there is this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_21_air_21_release_notes.html

-- Peter

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

It appears that 21.0.0.226 only has updates for certain browsers (Safari, Firefox, Netscape and related browsers) and 21.0.0.213 is still current for Opera and Chromium browsers.

I'm just not sure how to handle these, since I have to assume some systems have both browsers installed. Do I install 213 and then 226 and both work, do I just need to install 226, or what?

PeterClarke
Contributor II

Not much to go on, but there is this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_21_air_21_release_notes.html

-- Peter

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@alexjdale Chrome bundles their own version of Flash. When you update Chrome, you're updating the Chrome version of Flash, too. Likely there will be a Chrome update soon pushing flash to 226.

sean
Valued Contributor

@CasperSally Chrome does, but Chrome is not Chromium

@alexjdale The installer for Chromium and Opera installs Pepper Flash. Think you'll find that it is a different plug-in and can therefore co-exist.

If you go to your unique download page for Flash, you can see that there are two versions to download

Flash Player 21.0.0.213 (Win & Mac PPAPI); 21.0.0.226 (Mac NPAPI)

As @PeterClarke has already posted, the update is relatively minor.

jhuls
Contributor III

Thanks everyone!

@PeterClarke I saw that page earlier but I don't remember seeing the April 21st statement...only the version number listed. Thanks for posting it so I looked at it again.