Adobe Fresco is being removed from iPads

lstrehlau
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am new here and I'm hoping someone can help me:)

I have a group of 15 iPad Pros from our Art Department that have the Adobe Fresco App scoped to them. I'm getting "Remove App-Adobe Fresco" command at least every other day. The app is being deleted while students are working causing a loss of work.

I have the app scoped via Smart Device Group. I also have them in a Configuration Profile to allow the app store, which also keeps installing and removing (the configuration profile) via command in Jamf. 

I cannot figure out why. I have reached out to support but we have not resolved the issue. 

There has to be a conflict somewhere, but there's nothing that I can see. I have plenty of licenses.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

If you have apps and configuration profiles scoped to smart groups and it's doing what you're describing then it sounds the devices themselves are falling out of the smart group. What criteria are you using in the smart groups assigned to these iPads?

lstrehlau
New Contributor II

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!

I spoke with Jamf support this morning and we tweaked the smart group a little bit. The criteria set was by Display name as well as model type. We removed the model type after checking the names of those devices. Hoping that will help!