Adobe Package Version restriction

MandoRaider
New Contributor

I have a project that I am working on where I need to push a Adobe Package that allows only the version approved by the admin and not the user.

What would be the best way to push this package and confirm that the user is not able to downgrade or upgrade the software with out our approval. 

Also I need to downgrade any versions that are higher than what's currently approved. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

Would need to use a Managed Package install so they can't update, add or remove Adobe apps. 

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 11.36.34 AM.png

I created a Adobe Package, now I need to figure out how to target specific users and ensure they dont have the capability to update. Also I tested the package to see if it would overwrite the current version and either up or down grade the version with no luck.

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

You may need to fully uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud first, and then install the Managed package. Try running a script like this first, then install your Managed package.

#!/bin/sh
##

sudo rm -r /Applications/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud
sudo rm -r /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud
sudo rm -r /Applications/Utilities/Adobe\ Creative\ Cloud\ Experience
sudo rm -r /Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/OOBE

exit 0 ## Success
exit 1 ## Failure

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

As @obi-k said, you need to make a managed package using the Adobe Admin Console. However, I caution you against disabling updates. The vast majority of updates are security related, and you are intentionally leaving security gaps by not installing the updates.

Use Adobe Remote Update Manager