Airdrop Ventura

tdenton
Contributor

Afternoon Jamf nation

Has anyone been able successfully disable Airdrop/handoff  in Ventura.

I have been having search on here and can't find anything that works.

I have tried few custom config profiles but just can't get them to work even after a restart.

Does anyone have workable config profile they can share?

Thanks 

14 REPLIES 14

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@tdenton Have you disabled AirDrop in both the Media and Sharing Services sections of the Restrictions payload of a Configuration Profile? That should work but if not you could try setting up a firewall rule to block traffic to the sharingd process. That would prevent AirDrop from working, but will also disable some other features like Handoff.

Yeah I have that @sdagley 

Will look into firewall rule though thanks 

AtillaTheC
Contributor II

the restrictions payload seems to work fine in our org.

Are you on jamf cloud by any chance?

Where moving mid April

yes I am. in the configuration profile payload for restrictions there is a toggle box that seems to do the trick to disable it. Its in the Media section

AtillaTheC_0-1679406958577.png

@AtillaTheC Yep I have that doesn't seem to be disabling the preference pain though

tdenton
Contributor

Do you have jamf cloud by any chance?

tdenton
Contributor

thats what Im using i think this is on premise thing, see what jamf cloud brings I guess 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@tdenton The Restrictions payload in a Configuration Profile should work on-prem or via Jamf Cloud unless your on-prem JSS isn't set up so Macs not connected to your org's network can be managed (which may be why you're moving to Jamf Cloud)

Thanks were mainly moving to jamf cloud so we can manage our offsite devices as currently we cant reach these devices with our current Jamf setup

What version of Jamf is your on-prem using? May not have the right preferences in those payloads for ventura. 

tdenton
Contributor

tdenton
Contributor

@AtillaTheC  moving to latest version on Monday see what that brings thanks.

tdenton
Contributor

for those interested turns out it is working looking in the wrong place woops

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.35.46.png