allow only signed macros on MS Office® 4 Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable

First a warm "hello" to the community ;)

I hope, someone can help me, to find a solution for my question:

On Windows® environment, it is possible to set up, that only signed Office macros (for example Word®,Excel®) are allowed to run. Unsigned macros can be denied for running by setting up a Group Policy.

We also use Microsoft Office® 4 Mac and now, I am looking for a way, to prevent our users from running unsigned Office macros.

I did a search here and found a couple of contributions about Office macros (for example, how to disable all office macros) , but no one, wich handled exact this case.

Is there a possibility, to set up, that only signed Office macros are allowed, and if, how could I set this up?

I would be glad, if someone could help me here.

Thank you very much for reading my question and thanks a lot more for answering :)

Greetings, NOVELLUS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Anonymous The Mac version of Office does not support signed macros, and based on a conversation I had with one of the lead Office for Mac developers there are no plans to add support. (that conversation was over 2 years ago, but I do not believe there has been any change)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Anonymous The Mac version of Office does not support signed macros, and based on a conversation I had with one of the lead Office for Mac developers there are no plans to add support. (that conversation was over 2 years ago, but I do not believe there has been any change)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sdagley  , thank your for your reply. That confirms my assumption that I got after searching a lot of articles and contributions in the web. I have a new challenge now :)