Always low percentage on the newest Patch

Andixon
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a problem with my patch management. Most of the software that I am patching via the management has only under 10% of the computers on the latest version with most of them scattered across many different versions. How can I remedy this? My current settings for the Patch Policies are:

Distribution method: Make available in SelfService

Updates deadline: 7 days

Grace period: 15 minutes

Should I use different settings or is the problem somewhere else. Some of the Software is installed on hundreds of Macs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If I am not mistaken, when you use the self-service trigger Jamf never actually forces the install its all user self-serviced.

I would suggest, changing your:

• Distribution method: Install Automatically. 
  • Update deadline: 1 day.
  • Grace Period: 4 hours.

Last thing to mention, Patch Management does not update inventory. Jamf won't update the Patch Management percentages until after the device checks in and updates inventory.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If I am not mistaken, when you use the self-service trigger Jamf never actually forces the install its all user self-serviced.

I would suggest, changing your:

• Distribution method: Install Automatically. 
  • Update deadline: 1 day.
  • Grace Period: 4 hours.

Last thing to mention, Patch Management does not update inventory. Jamf won't update the Patch Management percentages until after the device checks in and updates inventory.

Andixon
New Contributor III

Really? I did not know that? I thought even with the SelfService distribution method the updates would be forced eventually. I will switch to install automatically.