dbuskariol
New Contributor II

How?

LRZ_Jamf
Contributor

would be interesting for us too, @Luket

Caleb_Anderson
New Contributor III

Hey @Luket , it would be interesting for us 3.

wakco
Contributor

bump... repeat how?

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

I just got this error when imaging from Casper Imaging::

"An exception of class UnsupportedFormatException was not handled. The application must shut down. Exception Message: The path passed into new FolderItem was invalid."

JSS 9.99
2017 MacBook Pro 13" (no Touch Bar) shipped with 10.13 High Sierrra
NetBoot server running 10.13.3

No erasing drive or altering APFS - just pushing packages/scripts/AD, etc

I have been ('thin') imaging 10.13.3 MacBooks a lot (2 or 3 a day) and had no issues. In fact I deployed (3) new 2017 laptops today prior to this error.

Rebooted target Mac - no change. Will bounce JSS and NetBoot server and try again...

mchit
New Contributor II

I am having the same error as @dstranathan during imaging High Sierra from JAMF Imaging.

ab0638663ea94e19bb234b4434cdd05d

My imaging workflow is based on a thin provision method mentioned in the following post by reddrop. No erasing of drive or altering APFS either too.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/25991/deploying-high-sierra-10-13-with-casper-imaging#r...

The nbi is based 10.13.4 macOS created by Autodmg and I am using JAMF Cloud 10.4.1. Once encountered this error, I quit the JAMF Imaging and relaunch to image again. On the second time, it went well without any error.

This is happening only for High Sierra thin provision config and previous configurations like Sierra Imaging Configuration are running fine without any error.