Anyone else a slow runner?

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Running in a group is more fun. Looking at the times on the leaderboard, there are "fast" people. I am not a member of the class of "fast" people and looking for a running buddy on the 5K.

7 REPLIES 7

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

I run between 11.5 to 13 minute miles. I'm just getting back into running after getting married last weekend. I was running off and on for the past year. I'll run a few times this week and during the JNUC week too. At least I say that now...LOL!

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

@Mike_Meyers That's right in my wheel-house for 5k times so I'm glad I won't be the only slowpoke out there.

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

@easyedc I wasn't the first or the final runner last year, so no worries. They have some folks walk it too. I hear there will be donuts...so I may run faster for a donut at the finish line!

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I run anywhere between a 10 minute mile and 13 minute mile depending on, oh I don't know, motivation, distraction, good music, etc. I will be towards the back and others are free to join me.

TomH
New Contributor III

Ill be joining the JNUC 5k and I'm an awful runner, Im going to try and get out this week so its not a total shock to me...

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

I think I'm more concerned about the fact my hotel is almost a mile away from the Guthrie, so really do I have enough time to run, get back to my hotel clean up and get back to the Guthrie.

mtruskowski
New Contributor III

Generally unless it is a serious race I will be around a 9:30 to 10:30 pace, so hardly tearing up the pavement. I am at the Courtyard Marriott which looks like it's about 0.6 miles from the Guthrie. I will probably just keep running at the end straight to the hotel and that should leave me enough time to shower and change.