anyone successfully package Citrix Workspace 24.05?

TheCrusher4Real
New Contributor III

Our previous Jamf admin showed me how to package Citrix Workspace for Jamf, but at that time it was a PKG file. Now it's a DMG. The Installer PKG (in the DMG) bundles Citix Workspace and something called "Citrix Enterprise Browser". 

There's a way to install just Citrix Workspace, according to https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-mac/install-uninstall.html (search for "Install only Citrix Workspace app" on that page). You need to download an XML file and then can run a Terminal command line that installs the Citrix Workspace.app file in your desired location.

So my bright idea was to take that .app file, drag it to Composer, then build a PKG to get just a clean install of Citrix Workspace that I could then deploy via Jamf, but it doesn't work. The app installs, but when I attempt to connect to Citrix, the cursor just spins forever and doesn't connect. But when I launch the app using the build instructions from Citrix, I can connect just fine.

I'm not sure how to build this in Jamf, mainly, how to run the Terminal command that references both a PKG file and an XML file. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

When I download the Citrix Workspace app 2405, and upload the package file inside the .dmg, it only installs the Citrix Workspace.app for us. We didn't have to change any .XML files or pre/postflight scripts.

The Citrix Enterprise Browser doesn't install.

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Glancing at the instructions, you would want to cache Install Citrix Workspace.pkg rather than install. Then you would have a second payload to run the one line command that they provide to run the package. The package would be in the Jamf waiting room, and don't forget to have a process to clean up the package when you are done. You will also want to deploy that .xml to the device so the command can reference it. 

sudo installer -applyChoiceChangesXML ./citrix_enterprise_browser_optedoutchoices.xml -pkg /Library/Application Support/Jamf/Waiting Room/Install Citrix Workspace.pkg -target /

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

Citrix Workspace is available to deploy via JAMF App catalog 

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

When I download the Citrix Workspace app 2405, and upload the package file inside the .dmg, it only installs the Citrix Workspace.app for us. We didn't have to change any .XML files or pre/postflight scripts.

The Citrix Enterprise Browser doesn't install.

https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

^^ Agree with the above ^^

I wonder if you just accidentally picked the wrong download file.  On their downloads page there's 2 unique options for downloading Workspace - Workspace and Workspace App. You want the Workspace App. 

daniel_behan
Contributor III