Anyway to modify the JSS Dashboard to show more columns of objects?

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

We are setting up a monitor that will refresh every so often that will display the dashboard, but we'd like to utilize the real-estate better by allowing more columns for Smart Groups/Policies/Configurations/Licenses.

Any ideas where the files are stored to edit this?

1 REPLY 1

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

So I found where this is controlled...figured I'd keep this up-to-date in case anyone else is interested.

So the file is located in /Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/tags/widget/pies.tag

When you open the file in TextWrangler, you’ll see lines 39 thru 95 are for the dashboard widgets. At line 71 they call the "<% int i = 0; %>”. This starts the integer count at 0. Now at line 92 you’ll see "<%for (int i = widgets.size() % 5; i > 0 && i < 5; i+) { %>” where it will evaluate what int equals and increment by 1 (i+) if “i < 5”.

So I proposed just changing the 5 to say 10 (i.e. "<%for (int i = widgets.size() % 5; i > 0 && i < 10; i++) { %>” and see if that works. This should work (but I am by no means a java programmer) and also keep the resizing working so on smaller windows it would resize down, but would need to be tested.

We don't have our DEV environment up yet, so can't test. I sent it to our TAM, will let everyone know if it works.