Apache Crashing Nightly

powellbc
Contributor II

Since upgrading to Casper Suite 9.2, our Tomcat Webserver has been crashing nightly. Restarting the service fails, so I have to force quit the Apache Process, which then restarts the JSS Startup process which then in turn never seems to finish. I rebooted the server to clear up the issues.

The JSS is running on Windows Server 2012 and the Tomcat version is 7.0.42.

I am going to log a call for this but wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences.

2 REPLIES 2

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

I had routine tomcat crashing issues when my db was excessively large, but that was on an OS X server. With logs rolling over at 30 days, I haven't had any issues on our Win 2008 JSS. Oh, tomcat ram upped to 1024 I think...

powellbc
Contributor II

It turns out the cause was no free space on the System drive. When we upgraded from 8.61 to 9.2, MySQL Binary Logging was enabled and the logs kept being written until the drive was completely full. I have been able to purge them but not disable the logging (even after upgrading to 9.21 today). They are still being written despite the JSSDatabaseUtil showing that Binary Logging is not enabled. I will update this thread when the root cause is discovered.