App Installers + Installomator policies: Self Service redundandcy issue

PPAict
New Contributor II

Hi, as was suggested to me, I'm trying to use a hybrid solution to take advantage of App Installers with regards to the management of updates, and the installomator policies for initial provisioning, as Mac Apps have an important delay for installations when executed in Self Service.
However, I have a simple but annoying issue in the Store, as in the "All" category, I see both installation options, even if I clearly deactivated all the Self Service Categories on Mac Apps Self Service tab. How can I handle this? The "All" category doesn't seem to be removable, so I ask those who make these two options coexist how they handle this annoying redundancy on self service.

Screenshot 2024-10-08 alle 13.31.49.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

feolaney
New Contributor III

Since the installomator policies are for provisioning I would scope the policies where:

• Installomator policy - exclude those who don't have it installed
  • Mac Apps policy - SG include those who have the software installed

That should fix the issue where both are visible at the same time and only have the job available when applicable for your use case

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

feolaney
New Contributor III

Since the installomator policies are for provisioning I would scope the policies where:

• Installomator policy - exclude those who don't have it installed
  • Mac Apps policy - SG include those who have the software installed

That should fix the issue where both are visible at the same time and only have the job available when applicable for your use case

Samstar777
Contributor II

Visibility of both policies in Self Service shows a clear indication that both policies has Self Service as a trigger. I would recommend as Installomator is for provisioning, Do not enable Self Service trigger for Installomator policies.

Hope this might help.

Regards,

Sam

PPAict
New Contributor II

I explained myself badly, by provisioning I meant not the automatic enrollment, but the first possible installation of an app chosen by the employee.
However, as feolaney suggested I worked on the scopes. I created a smart group "if app is installed" and put it as a target on Mac Apps, while I put the same group as exclusion from the installomator policy. In this way at the beginning I only see installomator, if I install the app it replaces itself with that of Mac Apps which will then take care of deploying the updates. Thank you all.