Apple Configurator 2.1

agyekum28
New Contributor III

I am using AC2.1 to move an iPad to supervised state - I go through the migration, see the iPad in ABM and edit the MDM server to JAMF pro, as well as I see it in Prestage enrollment in the MDM as assigned, but on the actual iPad I get to the remote management screen and the error I get is " The configuration for this iPad could not be downloaded from company A, the request timed out" any thoughts/resolutions?

2 REPLIES 2

timbyler1890
New Contributor III

There are a couple of things that I would check.

1. Are you using the correct Enrollment URL in AC2? We have found that using https://jamfserverurl:8443/cloudenroll works the best for us.

2. Do you have your Jamf instance setup to allow AC2 enrollment? Check Settings > Device Management > Apple Configurator Enrollment

3. Check your network settings. Is there a firewall or anything that might be breaking the connection?

What happens if you erase a device that fails to download the profile? Does it succeed after a second erase?

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Timing wise when did you do each step? I had issues with Apple TV 4Ks purchased by a consortium, so they didn't end up in ASM as they normally would. While a slightly different situation when AC2 rebooted the device after I clicked prepare I had to kill any network connections to it. if I didn't do that and then tried to enroll it immediately after moving it over in ASM, syncing and applying it to my prestage I'd get a smilier error like you're experiencing. If I did get an error I had to restore the OS using AC2. Doing so would also allow a successful enrollment.

In your case you could try an ethernet to lightning/USB-C adapter and unplug it after the prepare reboot or restore the OS after it boots back up. For the former you'll need to enrusre you're not applying any wireless profiles during the prepare phase.