Apple Configurator 2 and ios 14 prepare don't finish

astierad
New Contributor II

Hello everybody.

I have an issue with AC2 and ipad with iOS 14.
50% of the time when i click on prepare, ipads stuck on prestage screen. It does'nt click automatically on next and go to the homescreen.

I do not have this issue with ios 12 and 13
I think AC2 need an update.

I just want to know if i'm the only one or not ? And if somene is in my case, maybe his person has a tip.

Thank you in advance, have a great day

9 REPLIES 9

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

@astierad I had a similar issue and talked to Apple Enterprise Support 3 times about it. Finally we solved it. We used AC2 on macOS Catalina and iPadOS 14, and restored an iPad in Finder instead of AC2 first. After that, it also worked in AC2. Give that a try!

astierad
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response @St0rMl0rD Si it did work, but if i wipe the device, here we go again.

So my guess is AC2 has some issue to "click" next for ios14.

Do you have any other tip from Apple on that matter ?

cgalik
Contributor

Figured I'd pop in to say I have this issue as well. Kind of annoying to have to tap next on a cart full of devices before I can do anything with them!

Mstechie2002
New Contributor

I am having this issue as well. I have tried to restore with finder but when I use AC2 to apply blueprint, it won't go past the "Awaiting final MDM configuration" screen.

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

If you are part of AppleSeed for IT and can file feedback, please do so. I filed Feedback very early in the iOS14 beta cycle. Right now it is stuck in "Potential Fix identified - For a future update." If we can get more feedback filed, hopefully Apple will fix this.

astierad
New Contributor II

@RBlount thanks for the tip, il will join AppleSeed for IT, do you have the link or a case number for your feeedback ?

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

@astierad My feedback case number is FB7841246. I noticed that my case has been updated to so "Potential Fix Identified - in iOS 14.2". Off to download the beta and test.

ETA: Didn't realize that 14.2 was already released. Looks like I am not longer being stopped at that Remote management screen during AC2 automated enrollment. Better yet, if all the setup screens are skipped, the iPad goes straight to the home screen so Apps will start downloading without any physical interaction.

dlevendo
New Contributor III

Running into this with any version of iPadOS 14.x, and it's most frustrating as it doesn't always do it. Using the same machine on Catalina and latest version of AC2.

dlevendo
New Contributor III

I edited my iPads Prestage Enrollment and disabled the "Install configuration profiles before Setup Assistant" and the iPads that are on iPadOS 14.x are now enrolling with 0 issues for me. Since my AC2 is installing a Config Profile for WiFi (that auto-expires) during Automated Enrollment, I don't have a reason to keep that feature enabled. Any other profiles are deployed from JAMF when the iPad is assigned to a user. Hope this helps anyone that stumbles across this discussion.