Apple ID prompt not suppressing in 10.9.2

NowAllTheTime
Contributor III

I've got a script that we run at imaging and then via policy at startup that disables the pre-login iCloud/Apple ID prompt. When I image a Mac via Casper Imaging with the public 10.9.2 release it reboots and goes to that prompt anyway and doesn't go into the temp adobe account to do the postflight tasks until you manually skip the prompt. My base image has already bypassed the prompt for the admin account, so it's fine there, but that's not were postflight happens. Is anyone else seeing this as well? I'm thinking I might have to recapture the base image after running my script against the user template.

4 REPLIES 4

DavidN
Contributor

I'm seeing this exact issue. Have set the keys listed here http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/disabling-the-icloud-sign-in-pop-up-message-on-lion-and-later/ to disable iCloud prompt in User Template. I've even imaged JUST the 10.9.2 and created a test user, iCloud prompt was disabled in test user. But when doing a full image the "temp adobe" account shows iCloud prompt.

Looking at /var/log/jamf.log I see that installs are still happening in the background. Will update once it's done.

DavidN
Contributor

Update. So the Jamf scripts completed and the system rebooted without ever accepting or rejecting the iCloud prompt. CS6 was installed as well as all my 3rd party apps.

Here's part of the log file…

Thu Mar 13 07:48:00 D32853 jamf[40494]: Installing UpdateCS6DockUserTemplate.pkg...
Thu Mar 13 07:48:04 D32853 jamf[40494]: Successfully installed UpdateCS6DockUserTemplate.pkg.
Thu Mar 13 07:48:05 D32853 jamf[40696]: Deleting user adobeinstall...
Thu Mar 13 07:48:05 D32853 jamf[40696]: Deleting home directory for adobeinstall...
Thu Mar 13 09:48:58 D32853 jamf[41064]: Reboot. Immediately.
Thu Mar 13 09:48:58 D32853 jamf[41064]: Rebooting computer immediately...

** System shutdown message from _appleevents@D32853 ** System going down in 1 minute

It seems the iCloud prompt can be safely ignored. I think we're seeing this instead of the normal Jamf imaging screen.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi All,

Just checked how we've overcome this.

We modify the plist as per @rtrouton's post, but change the OS version to 10.9.9.

The package up the plist & deploy @ imaging using FEU/FUT's.

That way even the adobe install account has the setting when 1st logging in.

DavidN
Contributor

@bentoms,

I gave that a try. It doesn't work on initial login of the adobe install account. I assume the policy must execute after the iCloud prompt has already been loaded. It DOES work after a reboot. Thoughts?