Apple Software Update Server deactivate all activated updates

Lars_Leppert
New Contributor

Hi folks,

i have a problem with the Apple Software Update Server. If i activate some updates in the server, next day the updates are disabled. First time i discovered this was on System 10.11 with Server 5.0.15. Then i have done a fresh install with 10.10 and 5.0.15 and it has worked a few weeks, but now it is not working anymore again. I think this is the same problem here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7285512?start=0&tstart=0

Does anyone have any idea?

regards Lars

4 REPLIES 4

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

No solution really from Apple as of yet. They acknowledge that its a problem but the fix hasn't made it into the Server.app betas as of yet...

Lars_Leppert
New Contributor

Great, this is a real enterprise environment. And if you have no SUS, then Apple siliently kills your ethernet!

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Margarita, either stand-alone or Jamf's self-contained VM version will solve the problem for you.

Matt_Ellis
Contributor II

Zero update from apple, i was the one who opened that thread, they close my bug as a duplicate but gave me no info on the other bug that was opened.

You can try Netsus or Reposado itself. good luck i cant get either to work right.