Apple TV WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

JamfMyMac
Contributor

Hello,

Anyone having success setting up an Apple TV Gen4 with WPA/WPA2 Enterprise Wifi?
I don't have a wireless account, Would like the client to be able to connect using their credentials. I have tried setting up profiles but they are not working properly until I actually use my own account. We will be deploying multiple Apple TVs and multiple uses will login to use the apple TV.

4 REPLIES 4

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I worked with our Network Engineer to make sure that things were properly VLANed on our WiFi network. We don't use 802.1x certs on AppleTVs, though you're supposed to be able to. Currently, we have 69 AppleTVs for use in classrooms and other meeting spaces and we use Aruba Wireless and Clearpass to manage our WiFi network(s). We set up a device-only network that uses WPA2 Personal encryption for devices of this type and manages connections to those via Clearpass as our users are all on one of the 802.1x WiFi Networks. This is how we handle a lot of IoT things (Chromecast, Alexa, etc... Sonos is still a major PITA).

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I guess the question is, what's your network like? How big, how is it managed, etc...

JamfMyMac
Contributor

Hey @Chris_Hafner ,

Very good point. I would have to get the network team involved in this. Probably the best and fastest way to fix this would be some type of service account that we can push.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Trust me, the network folks will have some sort of preferences ;-)