Application icons not appearing after Composer snapshot?

samuelc
New Contributor

Hey guys,

Ive been having a bit of trouble creating a package for a piece of software called FX Maths using Composer. The software contains 4 different applications that require a license to run so i have been using the "New and Modified" snapshot technique to create the installer for distribution.

The issue im having is strange and not one i have encountered before. The final installer package installs the 4 applications correctly and all of them are licensed and in working order. However, only 2 of the 4 applications have their correct icon in the applications folder, the other two have generic icons.

If i open either of the applications the icon will reappear, but only for the remainder of the time in which the application is active. I have tried packaging each application individually but still experience the same issue with the same two icons.

Has anybody come across this before and found a solution?

Kind regards,

Sam Cooper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevehahn
Contributor

I've had this problem on a couple of packages. I traced it down to an ownership/permissions issue inside the package. I fixed it by highlighting the top folder in the folder stucture, then clicking the gear icon at the lower right and clicking "Apply permissions to all enclosed items" and "Apply owner and group to all enclosed items".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

stevehahn
Contributor

I've had this problem on a couple of packages. I traced it down to an ownership/permissions issue inside the package. I fixed it by highlighting the top folder in the folder stucture, then clicking the gear icon at the lower right and clicking "Apply permissions to all enclosed items" and "Apply owner and group to all enclosed items".

samuelc
New Contributor

Thanks Steve that seems to have fixed the issue!

stevehahn
Contributor

Great! Glad I could help.

ahopkins
New Contributor II

Thanks Steve! Had this problem today... Was getting a plain icon on a package I loaded today... can't wait to try this!