Application search - no option to "Save as" at the bottom of the page?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We recently updated to JSS 7.31, noticed that when you do an Application search and set it to display as a web page, there is no option at the bottom to save as CSV (etc.). Is this a bug? Or do I have to create multiple searches (one for web, one for CSV, etc.)?

Thanks,
Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com
3 REPLIES 3

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

I hate to bring up this old thread, but we're being asked for more and more application distribution reports for compliance reasons. Is there a way to save an application distribution report in Casper? We are at 8.43.

[EDIT] We mean when an Application Search is created with Standard Web Page as the output, the bottom is missing output menu.

Thanks,
Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

karthikeyan_mac
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Do we have any suggestion for the above thread? What we need is to produce the application distribution report in CSV? Now JSS by default have Application Distribution Report in PDF but we require it CSV for providing detailed information with charts and graphics etc.

Regards,
Karthikeyan

powellbc
Contributor II

I am bumping a bunch of old posts with my method:

Assuming you are comfortable with direct queries of the database, here is a basic one that can report on installed applications. If you use MySQL Workbench, the results can easily be exported as CSV.

In this example, I am querying for the application SPSS, you can change that or leave out the WHERE clause to return all installed applications in your environment.

SELECT DISTINCT a.computer_name AS 'Computer Name', c.application_name AS 'Application Name', c.application_version AS 'Version'
From computers_denormalized a INNER JOIN reports b ON a.computer_id = b.computer_id
INNER JOIN applications c ON b.report_id = c.report_id
WHERE c.application_name LIKE '%SPSS%'
ORDER BY c.application_version, a.computer_name

Hope this helps.