Applications - Odd Chrome Entries

bbot
Contributor

See attached image. Chrome is leaving a trail of odd entries for applications for me. Is anyone else experiencing this? This is under the computer >> Inventory >> Applications

182a93eb1cd0422f831c8ea44167821d

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

They may be extensions from the Chrome Web Store. I know some of them have crazy generated names for the files themselves. For example, Google Play Music is "fahmaaghhglfmonjliepjlchgpgfmobi.app". I believe Chrome Remote Desktop is "gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp". These are usually whatever the URL for the package itself is.

View solution in original post

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Yep, that's what it is. 1/2 are for Google Docs, 3/4/5 are Google Drive, 6/7/8 are YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

They may be extensions from the Chrome Web Store. I know some of them have crazy generated names for the files themselves. For example, Google Play Music is "fahmaaghhglfmonjliepjlchgpgfmobi.app". I believe Chrome Remote Desktop is "gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp". These are usually whatever the URL for the package itself is.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Yep, that's what it is. 1/2 are for Google Docs, 3/4/5 are Google Drive, 6/7/8 are YouTube

bbot
Contributor

Thanks! I was a bit worried as I was pushing out Chrome updates to users. Thought I did something wrong.