Apps in Self Service wont install

ukmercenary
New Contributor III

So no apps will install on this Mac I am building any idea why? they just sit there spinning ...local account is admin...very fustrating..Windows would just work. ..

5 REPLIES 5

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Are these Mac app store apps or application packages being installed from a policy? 

So just be clear what are you attempting to do with this machine as you're using the word build here?

Applications packages being installed from a policy. Speaked to a colleague here he said to run sudo JAMF policy ...as the system still needs to do something..so I have done that and will wait an see.

By the way is it possible to create some kind of test lab envrioment for JAMF Pro without paying $1000's to learn it?

If you're using Jamf Cloud then you can ask your account manager/jamf buddy to setup a sandbox environment. Then you're free to play around with that as much as you want.

ukmercenary
New Contributor III

Looking in the JAMF admin console I am seeing these erorrs "

The current system configuration does not allow the requested operation"

Confer with your colleague and see what configuration profiles are being scoped to that machine. I'm guessing it's one that's trying to whitelist a kernel extension and that won't work for Apple Silicon processor equipped Macs.