Are there issues installing Jamf on M2 MacBook Air?

forrest99
New Contributor III

I did a search on this topic and the only thing I could find was almost three months old.

We are beginning to introduce M2 computers into our company and before I move ahead with installing Jamf Pro, I wanted to check and see if there are any current issues with Jamf that I need to be aware of.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

None once so ever. Where yes, test and validate everything. Changes with Apple hardware are usually far better flowing with configurations than changes with Windows hardware. Since you already have M1 in your fleet, M2 should literally be drop in place and move on. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VintageMacGuy
Contributor II

If you are moving from M1 to M2, I haven't seen any issues.
If you are moving from Intel to M2, then you will likely need to install Rosetta2 early in the enrollment process to be sure other app installers will install fine - however, most should be updated by now to handle Apple Silicon.

@VintageMacGuy The M2 is new out of the box. Not a migration. We have about 2/3 of our users on M1 and the remaining on Intel Mac. 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

None once so ever. Where yes, test and validate everything. Changes with Apple hardware are usually far better flowing with configurations than changes with Windows hardware. Since you already have M1 in your fleet, M2 should literally be drop in place and move on. 

forrest99
New Contributor III

Thank you.

markdmatthews
Contributor

I run an early policy i.e. "00 - M1 Rosetta - Install" Scoped to All Managed Clients/All Managed Servers with a Trigger: Enrollment Complete and Execution Frequency: Once per computer and...

Script (After)

#!/bin/bash

arch=$(/usr/bin/arch)
if [ "$arch" == "arm64" ]; then
echo "Apple Silicon - Installing Rosetta"
/usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license
elif [ "$arch" == "i386" ]; then
echo "Intel - Skipping Rosetta"
else
echo "Unknown Architecture"
fi

forrest99
New Contributor III

@markdmatthews This is very helpful. Thank you.