assign computer to local user - yosemite.

jorge_
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone, i have been trying to figure this out all day, and no luck.

I have a mid 2011 imac 27" running yosemite that i am trying to enroll. I usually enroll all of my machines with LDAP accounts, but since this one is a photobooth machine just for taking employee pictures, i wanted to assign it to a local user named "photobooth"

so when i go to my enrollment url, i am asked for my jamf pro user account to begin enrollment, after that I am asked to assign to a user. the docs are telling me that if i leave it blank, the machine will be assigned to the logged in user, (in this case its "photobooth").

after the machine enrolls, i go into my jamf console to verify , and see that the machine is assigned to my jamfpro ldap account that i used to enroll the machine.

3 REPLIES 3

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

You might need to create a jamf user object first before you can assign to it, since it isn't in ldap

dsavageED
Contributor III

This makes a degree of sense in context. The logged in user, is a tricksy term, you're using the enrolment url and logging in as the given ldap user, thus it is a logged in user... Were you simply running a generic quickadd package created within Jamf Recon, it would use the name of the local user account...

jorge_
New Contributor III

I noticed that it assigns the profile to the logged in user, meaning under profiles. But it does not associate in jamf as the machine owner, the machine owner was still the jamf pro admin that enrolled the device. I needed to make a local user named "Photobooth" with a fake email , since photobooth doesnt have an email and this is a required field "photobooth@company.com". then change the user for the jamf device to "photobooth". this is a little messy because it first applies all of the policies that belong to the jamf pro admin's departments, until i change the user to photobooth.