Assign to user at enrollment

arnork
New Contributor

I'm trying to create a self-service workflow where a user will have permission to enroll via https://jss.example.edu:8443/enroll to download QuickAdd and assign his computer to his user while he's at it.

But I'm not getting it to work as expected.

I have an "enroll" user with enrollment privileges but when I log in I can't find the user.

Interestingly I can't log in to the /enroll page as admin.

Is my JSS server broken?

4 REPLIES 4

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Do you have LDAP set up? The way ours works is that if someone in our group logs in, they get to assign it to any user. If someone else logs in with their ldap credentials, it assigns it to them.

arnork
New Contributor

No LDAP yet; I wanted to try first with a built-in user before I did that.

Do I need to create a group and assign privileges to it? If so, what are the settings?

I'd like to both give "super" users ability to assign to any user…and have the rest assign the machine to their own account.

tony_schaps
Contributor

No LDAP here yet, either, and I'd like to just get my remaining user base self-enrolled and worry about creating/assigning users in Casper later, but even with the "require login" box unchecked, the invitation link leads to an "assign to user" page with the username filled in with the user through whose login I created the invitation, and no other users are available. I guess I'd like to have it just skip that page, it's just confusing.
Not super impressed with this functionality. "Get LDAP first" seems to be the best plan, because I understand it, those are the only users who will be findable in the "assign to user" box.

khey
Contributor

Hi @McAwesome ,

For admins to assign the user, do you add the group in the User-Initiated Enrollment > Access > LDAP groups?
348eeff178da4e94aef5c6a91422d809

Thanks