Authentication Error While Enabling FV2 Using Management Account

HNTIT
Contributor II

I have a Policy that does nothing but Enable FV2 using our Pre-Set Encryption Configuration.

The Configuration just Enables FV2 using The Management Account and sets Institutional and Individual Recovery Keys.

Oddly this seems to work if I take a machine and enroll it, but I get this error if the machine comes in via DEP !!!

Any Idea's ?

I when DEP is used the JAMF account is created first and has an ID of 501, whereas if another account already exists, it gets ID 80. I did try changing the ID to 80 but it didnt help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HNTIT
Contributor II

I have managed a workaround, I just create an extra admin account at Enrollment as part of the Prestage, then the JAMF account is created in a way that works properly, then I just delete the account later.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nvandam
Contributor II

Sounds like an issue with secure tokens. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on that, but we have had some issues and I hope Apple/Jamf get that sorted out together.

HNTIT
Contributor II

I have managed a workaround, I just create an extra admin account at Enrollment as part of the Prestage, then the JAMF account is created in a way that works properly, then I just delete the account later.