AutoCAD 2022 Deployment

tylerherbst
New Contributor II

Has anyone had any luck with this? A completely default installation is fine as everyone's using cloud licenses. My most recent attempt using Composer to create a pkg looked like it was going to work after I deployed it to my test machine, but AutoCAD just quits a few seconds after showing the loading splash screen.

All M1s on this site and rosetta is installed. Any scripts or Composer tips are welcome!

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

robertojok
Contributor

Hi yes @tylerherbst @run into the same problem Autodesk quits on launch. Still trying…

Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep trying too...

edward
New Contributor

Has anybody had any luck with this?

tylerherbst
New Contributor II

Nope. I reached out to Autodesk too, but they don't seem interested in making AutoCAD deployment better for macOS admins.

robertojok
Contributor

I have not found a way to install it as yet silently without a user logging in first... really frustrating so far

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Any one figure this out yet?  I assume we are all using the older install script?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

robertojok
Contributor

I have not been able to figure this one out. It is a real headache

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@robertojok @tylerherbst @edward 

Hey all, this seems to work for a lot of the community.  Pay most attention to the FINAL 2 scripts FOR AutoCad 2022 on the page  (with a few changes as I note at the bottom and not the maya one lol).  You have to first capture the actual installer file off the installer DMG (and not the dmg itself)  in the /private/tmp using composer.  Then just make a policy that runs the script after the install but change the line in the script for the AdskLicensing to the newer version number and input your own serial number and version number accordingly.

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/autocad-2021-deployment-with-network-server/m-p/229028/page/1 

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools