AutoCasperNBI netboot creation slow

DesktopUser
New Contributor II

I have recently setup a non prod jss. Netboot is running 10.10.5 on a mac mini. 16gb ram 128gb ssd. My first netboot image I created using Casper NetInstall Image Creator. This image works fine but is not very robust. It basically just launches into Casper imaging and allows the device to be imaged. I am now trying AutoCasperNBI to create the image but it is incredibly slow. According to the website it says 20 mins for an SSD and 90 minutes for a platter drive. I am over 120 minutes into image creation and 3.09gb in file size (still growing) but this seems way too long. Autocasper logs show copying from hdd to the netboot.sparseimage. Has anyone seen this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DesktopUser
New Contributor II

Yes, thank you! Symantec DLP was running. I thought I had it disabled. Issue resolved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PAC
Contributor

Just a blank/stock image? no extras put in?
How come you're running on such an old OS?
In task manager, can you see any bottleneck?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@DesktopUser Any AV running on the Mac running AutoCasperNBI?

I've had Sophos's "on-access scanning" change image creation from 10 mins to a couple of hours.

jrippy
Contributor II

@DesktopUser @bentoms Yes, Sophos's scanner can be terribly slow! If you are able, disable that during image creation.
I create mine in a VM on a Mac Pro 2013 so its pretty fast, but I have definitely seen issues doing so with AV enabled.

DesktopUser
New Contributor II

Yes, thank you! Symantec DLP was running. I thought I had it disabled. Issue resolved.