Autodmg 10.10.2 delay for login prompt?

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

Anybody else noticing a delay in bringing up the login prompt on 10.10.2?
I click through the policy banner screen, and then the screen goes black (with cursor) for about 5-10seconds, then gives the login window...

6 REPLIES 6

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Hmm, we stopped using the policy banner around 10.9.5 because it tends to cause issues, but I believe I recall seeing that behavior sometimes in older OS versions.

timlarsen
Contributor

We're seeing similar issues in our environment, except our screens are staying black indefinitely until we remove the policy banner altogether. In our case the issue occurs after the 10.10.2 update downloads and installs automatically from the App Store (which we've since turned off), not necessarily related to AutoDMG although our base is created with AutoDMG for clients that we thick-image.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Yeah, it's very clearly an "enterprise" feature that I don't think Apple tests properly, so I decided to drop it. We still display that text on the login screen, it's just less obvious and doesn't require a click to accept.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

Not seeing this issue.
10.10.2 autodmg created image
deployed via deploystudio
first boot scripts and packages installs policy banner
machine reboots to policy banner with black background screen - no blurred out yosemite picture
click accept
immediately get to username/password field login with a local account in a reasonable time for a brand new account ie homedirectory has to be created etc etc.

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

Switching to the loginwindowText option, it seems that it has a character cutoff. It only displays about 1/2 of our disclaimer.

any way to extend the allowed size?