Automated installation of policies

mhgmuser
New Contributor

Dear all

I have created some guidelines in Jamf.
These also work, but unfortunately only when you click on "Install" in the Self Service Portal.

Is there a way for such policies to be installed automatically without having to proactively click on Install?

Information about a policy:
Policy: Disable IPv6

- General:
Trigger: Enrollment Complete
Execution Frequency: Once per computer

- Restart Options:
Reboot Method: Standard Restart
Startup Disk: Current Startup Disk
No User Logged In Action: Restart if a package or update requires it
User Logged In Action: Restart if a package or update requires it

- Files and Processes:
Execute Command: networksetup -setv6off "Wi-Fi"

- Self Service:
Button Name: Install

Do you have any ideas?

I would be very happy.

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

remove the self service option 

MikePh
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Within the Policy, under the Self Service tab I'm assuming we have the box checked for "Make the policy available in Self Service"

This would allow the user to go to Self Service to trigger the policy. Another thing I notice is you have the Enrollment Complete as the Trigger. Are you seeing the policy run after enrollment? In my experience sometimes the flag for completion is missed so the trigger never happens. I find the 'Reoccurring Checkin' to be more reliable. If possible I'd use that trigger instead which by default check in is every 15 minutes so it would happen shortly after being enrolled. 

scottb
Honored Contributor

My practice, whether the best or not, is to make two policies if I need to install via Self Service and another method (trigger).

Self Service are almost always set to "Ongoing" and the others are run "Once per Computer".

Just makes troubleshooting easier, IMO...