Automatic local user creation during PSE

pchrichard
Contributor

We use pre-stage enrolment and require authentication via LDAP before enrolment process. I'd like to skip the user creation process, and take the credentials supplier during the require authentication step to create the local account - i.e the account is created with the same username and password in AD.

Is this possible?

I've looked at the skip user account creation workflows but haven't found anything that works in the way I need.

4 REPLIES 4

tjgriffin
New Contributor III

I think this what JAMF connect and nomad login do.

I was trying to do the same but you need those tools.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@pchrichard If you don't create an account in your PreStage Enrollment then you should be prompted by the Setup Assistant to create an account on the Account Setup screen, and if you're requiring LDAP authentication then the credentials used for that should be pre-filled. At least that's how it used to work (I haven't used that workflow since Mojave)

pchrichard
Contributor
At least that's how it used to work (I haven't used that workflow since Mojave)

Yes that is what happens, but those pre-filled credentials (username/password) are often modified by end-users afterwards and I'd just like the whole thing skipped. I'd also like to control account name as well.

We use NoMad to sync the passwords afterwards.

ericbenfer
Contributor III

@pchrichard – You can set this up in "PreStage Enrollment" > "Account Settings" > "Pre-fill primary account information
" > "Lock primary account information".

fc1555dca3fe4cd697d873497e670df9