Automatic Removable Media (USB) Encryption and AV/Firewall solution - Endpoint security

NMLEval
New Contributor

I am trying to find a solution for Macs that forces the encryption of removable media to enforce our policy. I have seen this on Windows: however I have only seen this offered as a manual process. I would even be open to encrypting just the data if it is done automatically. I understand that there might be a script in JAMF that does this.

I am also trying to find an AV solution that includes an endpoint firewall for Macs. My understanding is that the native Mac firewall is not a full firewall (i.e. doesn't block by IP address, etc.). I have come across a lot of products that say they do all this but when you scratch the surface, it only does it for Windows OS.

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4

Kaltsas
Contributor III

McAfee Endpoint Protection for Macintosh and Flextivity from Intego are the only two products that I know of that have fully featured remotely configurable firewall and application protection. We have had serious issues with EPM this past year and are currently testing Flextivity (which unfortunatly has a bug right now that is blocking the jamf binary, I have an open ticket with Intego)

NMLEval
New Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me. Reading through this site It looks like many users are having issues with McAfee EPM. We have been speaking with them and they are telling us that there is a major update for Macs coming out. It was supposed to come out a two weeks ago but they still haven't released it. They haven't been able to get us any documentation though.

smkolins
New Contributor

years in coming but IceFloor will configure packets across subnet ranges. But it's increasingly incompatible. We're going to ESET EndPoint Security but configuring its firewall for ranges of addresses is not intuitive and I'm searching....

myronjoffe
Contributor III

Automatic Removable Media (USB) Encryption - See https://www.endpointprotector.com/products/endpoint-protector
Firewall - EPM has been mentioned but you could also look at the native packet filter.