Automatic Scoping of Devices for DEP

dooley_do
New Contributor

Hi,

I've got my DEP working a treat with Casper but I can't see how I get the scope of the prestage enrollment to automatically include any new devices. At the moment I am having to go into the scope and edit it to tick the new devices. Sure I am missing something simple!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fbaker
New Contributor III

@etippett Right next to where it says "Device" on the left hand side. When I click edit for my prestage enrollment. I'm still setting my environment up, but I would think you would have this option as well. Currently mines unchecked as I've just been doing some testing.

If you have a checkbox next to the red arrow pointing at it, that should solve your issue.6fda7e5647e642e4aa123d4b835caa57

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

fbaker
New Contributor III

Have you tried checking the checkbox that says "device" so any new devices that are for prestage enrollments are automatically selected?

etippett
Contributor II

@fbaker Can you elaborate on the "device" checkbox or provide a screenshot? Is that located in the PreStage enrollment? I'm on Capser 9.63 and see no such thing

25ee968be34a48b1be7aeb853d581e69

fbaker
New Contributor III

@etippett Right next to where it says "Device" on the left hand side. When I click edit for my prestage enrollment. I'm still setting my environment up, but I would think you would have this option as well. Currently mines unchecked as I've just been doing some testing.

If you have a checkbox next to the red arrow pointing at it, that should solve your issue.6fda7e5647e642e4aa123d4b835caa57

etippett
Contributor II

@fbaker AH HA! Thank you. Didn't realize it only showed up in Edit mode.

fbaker
New Contributor III

@etippett Glad you got it working!

dooley_do
New Contributor

Thank you, didn't realise that tick box would also select future devices!

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

While this button does let you select all, in my environment at least, it doesn't add future devices.

eleven
New Contributor III

Hello everyone, as @cbrewer referenced this will not check future devices automatically.

That said please check see this feature request for more information on this functionality which we plan on releasing with version 9.8: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=3550

Thanks for posting!

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Great to know. Thanks Eric!