AutoPkg Error: JSS Importer requires missing argument pkg_path

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Hi all. I posted this on Autopkg Slack channel. Thought I'd post it here as well.

I am trying to create a JSS recipe, using JSSRecipeCreator.py by feeding it com.github.gregneagle.download.bluejeansapp

It makes the JSS recipe without any errors however when I run the newly made JSS recipe in AutoPkgr it says: "JSS Importer requires missing argument pkg_path".

I've run all the other recipes (BluejeansApp.download.recipe, BluejeansApp.pkg.recipe and BluejeansApp.install.recipe) and they do not error.

The only difference I see is the trailing dot instead of the trailing hyphen after the AppName, for example: BlueJeans.1.15.49.pkg
All other AutoPkgr made installer files that I have used are "AppName-version.numbers.pkg".

Any thoughts? As always thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Whybrow
New Contributor

@pvader, did you ever get a response on this? I am looking for a working BlueJeans app jss recipe.

normanchan
New Contributor II

@Whybrow @pvader Did either of you get this working? I'm on the same boat and trying to get the Bluejeans app jss recipe working.

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

In an override, you should just need to add <key>pkg_path</key><string></string> to the Input dict.

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Hey all.

No I have never figured it out. It goes beyond my knowledge of scripting.

Just ran it and getting the same error.

I now download it manually, repackage with Composer, upload to JSS, update the smart group and policy, ... AKA: "an old fashioned"

Maybe reach out to the person who wrote the recipe?

markkenny
New Contributor III

@mscottblake pkg_path seems case sensitive too. Battled for an hour, then copied your line, lower case, and worked.

Thank you!