AutoPkgr and Custom Preferences

dweinstein
New Contributor

Good morning! I am exploring autopkgr and have yet to find any information on how to inject custom preferences with applications as they are bundled. For example, I do not want users to be prompted at first start of application or the application to request to be updated etc. Any direction on this would be very helpful and thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

nvandam
Contributor II

I believe to make any changes to recipes, you right click on the recipe and create an override. Name it something unique to differentiate. Then right click and you can open the override in something like Text Wrangler to make any changes.

dweinstein
New Contributor

Thank you @nvandam ! I thought it may have something to do with overrides. Have you or anyone else experimented with this? How often do you find yourself having to edit the custom override to keep up? Thank you again for bearing with me.

dweinstein
New Contributor

I am also seeing posts throughout JAMF Nation that tell users looking to do silent installs to just use Autopkg, though I can't seem to find any how to guides. Thanks again for any more information.

marklamont
Contributor III

I don't think autopkg is designed to change the configuration of applications, to do that you need to deploy the settings separately as far as I know. It's designed to find, download and package as a .pkg application updates ready to install.
autopkg documentation